Contract Specialist - S2MARTS Program
RemoteScotland, Indiana, United StatesContracting
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
Currently, our OTAs have more than 900 corporate, non-profit, educational, and financial institution members. For these members, NSTXL offers opportunities to bid on government contracts, education and training, and live/virtual forums covering a wide variety of topics.
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) is seeking Contract Specialists to oversee an assigned portfolio of Other Transaction-based projects focused on prototyping emerging technologies for defense applications. Reporting to the team’s Senior Contracts Manager, the selected Specialist will be responsible for an array of tasks in support of project Performers and our Department of Defense customers. The role requires a strong technical skillset combined with customer service & problem-solving skills.
The scope of taskings will generally include documentation drafting; cradle-to-grave contracting support; development of solicitation & award strategies; conducting market research to assess policy trends and impacts; and innovating business processes. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrable understanding of Government contracts, have direct experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition lifecycle, possess superior attention to detail, and enjoy working in a mission-driven, dynamic environment.
- Performs as the lead Contracts representative for assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develops, prepares, reviews, and administers contracts/agreements, to include all associated supporting documents and/or other memoranda, that are compliant with policies, regulations, and statutes. Provides reviewed, edited, and ‘ready-to-approve’ contractual actions or other documentation for internal consideration & approval (i.e., Senior Contracts Manager review)
- Supports, participates, and/or acts as lead moderator in low-to-highly complex contract negotiations with performers and/or customers, as assigned.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts to resolve contractual issues and elevates to management when appropriate.
- Reviews contract terms to identify potential risk and monitors for compliance issues at prime, performer and sub-performer tiers.
- Prepares high-quality documentation, correspondence, and presentations to support various actions.
- Examines supporting materials and agreement documents, conducts timely research, and shares findings with team as applicable.
- In coordination with supervisor & team, performs as a primary liaison between the organization and performers/customers for assigned workload.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and complete contract records to ensure compliance with contractual, reporting, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two (or more) years Department of Defense contracting experience (commercial/private sector and/or civil service)
- Demonstrable mastery of contract-related communications & research
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition policy related to R&D efforts and/or other alternative contracting methods.
- Secret-level security clearance (or an ability to receive approval of clearance)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Direct experience with 10 U.S.C. 4022 (Other Transactions for Prototyping) and/or 10 U.S.C. 4021 (Research Projects)
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy and/or microelectronics/hypersonics/spectrum programs
- NCMA (e.g., CPCM) or DAWIA certification (e.g., Level I, II, or III in Contracting)
- Signing authority or DoD Contracting/ Agreement Officer warrant
- Knowledge and understanding of the FAR 15 Source Selection Process and/or Supplier Selection Process
- Travel for this position is estimated up to 10%
What We Offer
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better, cheaper, and faster defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
We strive to be one of the best places to work in America. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including flexible work hours, paid sick leave, work-from-home accommodations, a 401(k)-profit-sharing plan, a wellness plan, floating holidays, and much more.