Deputy Director, S2MARTS
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL), a fast-growing provider of acquisition services to the US federal government, is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to direct our Strategic & Spectrum Missions Advanced Resilient Trusted Systems (S2MARTS) OTA. NSTXL is the consortium manager for S2MARTS which designs, develops, issues, and manages innovative solutions in microelectronics, radiation hardening, RF technology, and spectrum and strategic mission’s areas. S2MARTS works with program offices across the DoD to help craft innovative RFPs and then markets these to a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional companies to propose solutions. The S2MARTS deputy director will work directly with director, military, commercial and academic stakeholders to help identify and secure solutions for military needs and help facilitate their successful completion.
The Deputy Director will support the Director in the day-to-day interactions and workload of the S2MARTS vehicle and any supporting programs and activities to ensure the effective execution. Responsibilities will include coordination of Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) process, insuring effective and efficient program execution for the S2MARTS vehicle, coordination and transparency with different stakeholders and working to achieve the desired program outcomes and growth goals.
Managing OTA Process
- Support, advise and assist the government customer with efficient and effective execution of the S2MARTS OTA program
- Assist government clients on OTA process steps and the formulation of clear and concise supporting documentation and communication.
- Serve as an internal and external liaison for program stakeholders which include not only government client engagement but industry, consortium members, Academia and entities within the innovation community.
- Track and monitor the various projects, with a focus on new projects to award progressing through the OTA process and coordinate next step expectations.
- Support the Director in interactions with Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane-Division and any requiring government activity
- Assist with program coordination with other NSTXL staff supporting S2MARTS opportunities to include marketing, membership, acquisition, and project success teams
- Capture and document S2MARTS program successes
- Identify and document any OTA associated “best practices” and assist with improving others which keeping future S2MARTS goals in mind
- Assist with program adaptions to included identification and implementation of changes to ensure program goals are achieved and inclusion of NSTXL services that fully support the client
- Represent S2MARTS at commercial and government conferences
- Maintain accurate records on all activities related to the S2MARTS program
- Assist the Director with program evolution with a goal to build NSTXL and S2MARTS as a state of the art OTA vehicle.
- Assist with the continued and evolving commitment to the innovation ecosystem and the fostering of a collaborative S2MARTS engagement environment
- Active security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software, engineering, business, policy, or related field.
- Federal contracting/acquisition experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of current S2MARTS technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication capabilities.
- Good team working and team building skills.
- Self-starter that can take initiative and implement innovative ideas
- Agile and forward thinking
- Master’s Degree in software, engineering, finance, business, policy, or related field.
- 10+ years of program or project management experience.
- Top Secret security clearance.
- Exceptional relationship builder.
- Detailed oriented with a complementary strategic mindset.
- Crane, IN or Southern Indiana
- Travel for this position is estimated at 25%.