RemoteRaleigh, North Carolina, United StatesProgram Management
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
Currently, our OTAs have more than 900 corporate, non-profit, educational, and financial institution members. For these members, NSTXL offers opportunities to bid on government contracts, education and training, and live/virtual forums covering a wide variety of topics.
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) is actively seeking a Program Manager (PM) to manage prototype projects in the microelectronics sector. The PM will collaborate with the Government Agreements Officer’s Representative (AOR), Government technical experts, and our Performers to support post-award execution goals and objectives. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will directly contribute to project success and facilitate positive mission outcomes. The dedicated Program Manager shall formulate and enforce work standards such as project life cycle, create new process flows, and comply with documentation standards. The right PM will work closely with our subcontractors and Government clients to keep all parties informed of prototype status, identify potential problems, and troubleshoot any project issues. The PM may also be tasked with preparing reports and delivering briefings to high-ranking Government officials.
- Charged with monitoring, assisting with, and reporting on Performers’ adherence to project funding, milestone schedules, and technical objectives for projects under the assigned Other Transaction Authority (OTA) portfolio.
- Assesses project-level risk, constructs recommendations that the Director reviews, and implements mitigation strategies (as applicable).
- Alerts program team of project challenges and anticipated contract modifications
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with Performer and Government Customer counterparts.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day project-level issues in support of the portfolio.
- Carries out Director’s guidance supporting new initiatives or procedural updates.
- Independently researches and provides insights regarding project impacts for team preparedness and awareness.
- Prepares and presents briefings to high-ranking external stakeholders.
- Logs project/program updates in near-real time for team awareness and historical tracking through specified data entry tools.
- Leads technical and contractual meetings for assigned projects.
- Reviews contractual and financial documents that affect cost/schedule/scope of program and individual projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of Project Management or Program Management
- 3+ years of experience working with Government or Department of Defense (DoD)
- Demonstrated strong oral communication skills and very strong writing skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing the MS Office Suite (emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and project management tools
- Eligibility to hold a security clearance
- PMP/Scrum/Lean Six-Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience in the microelectronics sector, including advanced packaging technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience delivering briefs or presentations to Government/DoD personnel
- Secret security clearance (with eligibility for Top Secret)
- 10 - 20% domestic travel
What We Offer:
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better, cheaper, and faster defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
We strive to be one of the best places to work in America. We offer competitive salary and benefits including flexible work hours, paid sick leave, work from home accommodations, a 401(k)-profit sharing plan, a wellness plan, floating holidays and much more.