Project Manager -SpEC
The National Security Technology Accelerator, NSTXL, is actively seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) to manage prototype projects under our Space Enterprise Consortium (SpEC) Other Transition Authority (OTA). The PM will collaborate with the Government Agreements Officers Representative (AOR), Government technical experts, and our performers to support post award execution goals and objectives. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will directly contribute to project success and facilitate positive mission outcomes. The dedicated Project Manager shall formulate and enforce work standards such as project life cycle, use existing process flows, and comply with documentation standards. The right PM will work closely with our subcontractors and Government clients to keep all parties informed of prototype status, identify any potential problems, and troubleshoot any prototype issues.
- Champion process improvement by identifying best practices and offering innovative ways to de-risk project schedules and costs
- Track all project progress (e.g., cost, schedule, risk) and report via collaborative project tools, project management reviews (PMRs), and written reports
- Facilitate and lead project kickoffs meetings
- Proactive outreach to performers to identify emerging risks and potential mitigation steps
- Forecast revenue projections for each project
- Identify challenges to project performance and provide visibility for NSTXL and our client
- Coordinate and engage NSTXL functional support teams (e.g., contracting, finance) to ensure prototype success
- Coordinate all required closeout activities prior to the end of each project
- Identify, analyze, communication and coordinate any required risk mitigation approaches as issues/concerns arise during project execution
- Ensure performer compliance with all security requirements
- Maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of any project associated information and communication exchanges
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to get a security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years’ experience supporting Department of Defense customers; 3 years of Project or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated strong oral communication skills and very strong writing skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing the MS Office Suite (emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and project management tools
- Location: El Segundo, Los Angeles, CA
- PMP, SCRUM, Lean Six-Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies in multi-functional project teams
What We Offer
NSTXL strives to be one of the best places to work in America. We offer competitive salary and benefits including flexible work hours, paid sick leave, work from home accommodations, a 401(k)-profit sharing plan, a wellness plan, floating holidays and much more.