Senior Contract Specialist SpEC
The National Security Technology Accelerator (NSTXL) harvests innovative technology from the commercial and non-defense marketplace, ensuring the development of better defense capabilities. We offer a unique and simplified approach to rapidly develop, demonstrate, and assess prototypes that address a range of operational and installation needs, from individual Warfighter technology up to large-scale installation projects. NSTXL delivers technology to the Warfighter by serving as a one-stop shop to match government requirements with innovative private-sector and academic solutions.
Currently, our OTAs have more than 800 corporate, non-profit, educational, and financial institution members. For these members, NSTXL offers opportunities to bid on government contracts, education and training, and live/virtual forums covering a wide variety of topics.
NSTXL is seeking a Senior Contract Specialist to oversee an assigned portfolio of Other Transaction-based projects focused on prototyping emerging technologies for defense applications. Reporting to the team’s Senior Contracts Manager, the selected Specialist will be responsible for an array of tasks in support of project Performers and our Department of Defense customers. This contracting-focused role requires a strong technical skillset combined with customer service & problem-solving skills.
The scope of taskings will generally include documentation drafting; cradle-to-grave contracting support; development of solicitation & award strategies; conducting market research to assess policy trends and impacts; and innovating business processes. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrable understanding of Government contracts, have direct experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition lifecycle, possess superior attention to detail, and enjoy working in a mission-driven, dynamic environment.
- Performs as the lead Contracts representative for assigned projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Performs as a primary liaison between the organization and performers/customers while managing assigned contracts
- Develops, prepares, reviews, and administers contracts/agreements to include all associated supporting documents and/or other memoranda that comply with all policies, regulations, and statutes
- Provides reviewed, edited, and ‘ready-to-approve’ contractual actions or other documentation for internal approver consideration (i.e., Senior Contracts Manager)
- Supports, participates, and/or acts, as lead moderator in moderate-to-complex contract negotiations with performers and/or customers
- Reviews contract terms to identify potential risk and monitors for compliance issues at prime, performer and sub-performer tiers
- Engages, informs, and collaborates with other internal stakeholders to tailor strategies and services in support of customer missions
- Independently prepares high-quality documentation, correspondence, and presentations to support various actions
- Provides recommended path(s) forward for stakeholders to resolve issues
- Examines supporting materials and agreement documents, conducts timely research, and provides subject matter expertise through clear guidance
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and complete contract records used to ensure compliance with contractual, reporting, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four (or more) years of Department of Defense contracting experience (commercial/private sector and/or civil service)
- Demonstrable mastery of contract-related communications & research
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition policy related to R&D efforts and/or other alternative contracting methods
- Secret-level security clearance (or an ability to receive approval of clearance)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Direct experience with 10 U.S.C. 4022 (Other Transactions for Prototyping) and/or 10 U.S.C. 4021 (Research Projects)
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy and/or microelectronics/spectrum programs
- Previous experience as Department of Defense Contracting Officer or Agreements Officer)
- NCMA (e.g., CPCM) or DAWIA certification (e.g., Level I, II, or III in Contracting)
- Remote: States of Texas and California
- Travel for this position is estimated at 10%
What We Offer
We strive to be one of the best places to work in America. We offer competitive salary and benefits including flexible work hours, paid sick leave, work from home accommodations, a 401(k)-profit sharing plan, a wellness plan, floating holidays and much more.